Monday 13 July 2009

Poem

Sadness is a perpetual motion machine

Just one push… and it’s away

A disconsolate dream from forces unseen

That feeds on itself until every day’s grey

And you start thinkin’ I’ve got no real mates

I’m just an arrogant loser that everyone hates

And I fucked my prospects with my first rave

And to this inner darkness I am just a slave

And yeah I’m going nowhere

And the fabric of my reality’s beginning to tear

I’m just a recipe for disappointment that no one can save


But then… your phone rings.

Might as well see what news it brings.

Party on the beach mate, Saturday night

Drunken revelry in the moonlight

Get yourself down there, you know its right

You’re definitely going, you say “Yeah. I might.”

And, hang on, you think

There’s no need for a shrink

There’s that girl I kissed the other day

Sweet and soft while music played

Says she likes me, I think she means it

So maybe I’m doing something right even if I can’t see it

And actually I’m young; I’ve got everything to win!

And you sit back in your chair, with a big daft grin


Sadness is a perpetual motion machine

Just one push and it’s away

But that’s not so bad; not such a shame

‘Cause happiness is just the same

And it really only matters which machine you switch on.

No comments:

Post a Comment