Saturday 26 September 2009

Drinking with strangers

Subtle nerves and slightly euphoric anticipation
Still in my own head, really, but with
Bags packed, ready to leave
Not-quite-stunted conversation -
Flows fine ya know, but
We all still adjust our sleeves
Occasionally wonder what the time is

1st beer, sinks down smooth quick liked it
Doesn't really matter if this event's shit
I think
Talk to this man and these girls sat near me
All smiles and interest in eachother's situations
Slightly rush-released conversations
But that's fine, yeah, understandable

2nd beer, take my tiiiime on this one... yeah
'Cause I like beer you know I can savour it
Either I pretend, or just forget it tastes like shit
Starting to offer insights now
Jokes, commentary, witty quotation
The odd probably misinformed topical observation
And gone that hold-back shrinking sensation
Gone that awkward socio-desperation
And let the good times roll, 3rd beer
Laughter and irreverence and existential cheer
If I wasn't taken now I spose I'd be flirting
But it's alright everything's cool man nothin' is hurting
We're all together here, there's grinning faces all around
And ten thousand acres of precious common ground

6th... beer I, pleurghh,...
I DON'T KNOW I
Fall down I spoooooooozee......
Oblivion and the holy attitude,,,, fuck it.
Happy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment