Tuesday 10 April 2012

2012


Saturday at Linton was such fun. :) Drinking in the sun there is always good. We played umbrella stretch, and then Merlin long-boarded from one end of linton to the other, plucked the stuck umbrella out of the ground, hurled it and stuck it back in again, and seamlessly long-boarded to the station. What a legend! It was nice seeing him even though h
e crush hugged me and threw me around like a toy. He's such an irrepressible maniac. =p The moon was also really good that night.


I've played guitar every day of 2012 so far, which is good. I think it might be the first new years resolution I've really stuck to, except when I was a kid and decid
ed not to drink coke for a year for no particular reason. I was a weird kid. Do people normally stick to their new years resolutions? I get the impression most of them are to do with losing weight and going to the gym... pretty dull really but I suppose if you were fat then it would be a big deal. hehe. BIG deal. God that was really atrocious even by my standards wasn't it? For some reason I take real pleasure in things that are just stupid/lame, hence my habit of deliberately cannibalising all the most ridiculous slang. The guitar is going well, I think, although it's definitely become apparent that you never reach any kind of escape velocity where it gets easier - basically every bit of progress has to be slogged away at. But that's okay, so far I've mostly had the self-discipline to just keep at it without being int
imidated by the difficulty. Hopefully I'll be able to play along with people and be competent enough to do some songs with kie and jess within the year. This is the plan. If I practice hard I can do it I think. Jacob said the other day that my projects and attempts at skill-acquisition are getting more likely to be stuck to on a long term basis, like with cooking. I hope that's true.

I'm half-way through The Scar by China Mieville, which is proving to be his usual gourmet level. It's like the pudding of literature. It's almost sickly, in that the sophistication of the prose just doesn't relent, you can't breathe for the poetry of it... like drowning in custard. He is bloody awesome though, the sheer talent of the man... *fanboy*

At the moment I'm in London on my own, writing up my dissertation. It's a massive mission, but I am quite enjoying it in a strange way. It's pleasant to be able to just about handle myself and know what I'm talking about at this level of complexity.


I've got a penpal now, although I keep forgetting to reply to her letter.

I hope I get a job this summer. I wanna get some new clothes and go out nice places. Money and being busy definitely beat boredom and poverty, although it is great to be able to get ruined for days on end. :D Jess is way better at this than I am, she applies everywhere and works efficiently and stuff. She's gonna be more successful than me, blates.

Well looking forward to Boomtown and bangface! I love raves and partie
s. I would never have predicted it for myself when I was young, but my whole life from 16 onwards attests to this fact. haha. Seriously, getting ruined with a good mixture of strangers and friends is where all the magic happens.

As soon as this dissertation is done, I get another summer with my completely insane friends! Their love buoys me up until my head knocks against the sky. I love that bit of Keats even though mostly he is a sappy shit. And it's true.



No comments:

Post a Comment